Hi, I'm Charles-Axel Dein!
I'm a husband, a dad and a self-taught software developer, currently working on starting my own company.
My previous work experience include:
- 3 years of engineering manager experience at Uber in San Francisco and Amsterdam.
- 2 years of software engineering experience at Uber in San Francisco.
- 2 years of innovation consulting at faberNovel in Paris and San Francisco.
My areas of interest are:
- Startup entrepreneurship
- Software development (I'm a huge fan of the Python programming language)
- Engineering management
- Design & Typography
I completed a Masters at Sciences Po Rennes, studying the four Sciences Po main domains: Law, Economy, History and Political Sciences. I majored in Economy & Finance. I also completed a one-year curriculum at engineering school École Centrale Paris about Technology and Management.
This page might be outdated. Checkout my LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesaxeldein.
Engineering Manager, Uber (July 2013 - November 2017)
I have managed a couple engineering teams since July 2013.
Software Developer, Uber (2012 - 2013)
- charlatan: a Python library to efficiently manage and install database fixtures
- cassette: store and replay HTTP requests made in your Python app
faberNovel helps big companies think and act like startups. I took part in strategic consulting missions, as well as designed and implemented new services & products for large companies.
I participated in two of faberNovel's annual white papers. Both have been featured on TechCrunch and were very well received:
I first studied law, history, economy and political sciences at Sciences Po Rennes, then went to the engineering school École Centrale Paris (now CentraleSupélec) to study technology & strategy in Paris, France.
I wrote a dissertation about Google Chrome: Free Software as a launching platform.